The Pine Tree Independent School District Board of Trustees met in Regular session at 6:00 p.m. on November 11, 2013 in the Pine Tree ISD Administration Building Boardroom located at 1701 Pine Tree Rd, Longview, Texas.
President Charley Peck called the meeting to order. Members present included Charley Peck, president; Terre Dunn, vice-president; Pat Noon, secretary; Will Adamson, Kerri Daugbjerg, Cynthia Hellen, Craig Meek, MD, and Dr. TJ Farler, Superintendent.
Other administrators present were James Skeeler, Tony Hollins, Judy Downing, Dr. Daya Hill, Becky Balboa, Melinda Tidwell, Dr. Carla McAvoy, Vanessa Robinson, Cindy Gabehart, Vickie Echols, Jon Pollard, Terri Werth, Michelle Mitchell, Debbie Terry, Amanda Pitre, Carmen Dowdy, Crista Black, Nicolle Davis, Dr. Quentin Woods, Kristin Byrd, Tony Tipton and Jerry Stuart. Dr. Craig Meek gave the invocation.
Students from the Intermediate and Elementary campuses led the pledges to the United States Flag and the Texas State Flag. Three student groups were recognized: GT students from the Intermediate and Elementary campuses who attended Imagination Fair, JH students who won awards at the recent robotics competition, and AP Scholars.
Superintendent Dr. Farler gave an update on the storage facility at the new athletic complex and the May 2011 bond funds. Dr. Daya Hill, Assistant Superintendent, Tony Tipton, HS Assistant Principal, and Nicolle Davis, Instruction Technology Coordinator, reported on the iPad initiative of giving each ninth grade student an iPad and the PowerOnPT Community Committee. Jon Pollard, Director of Technology, gave a district technology update. James Skeeler, Assistant Superintendent, reported on enrollment/attendance/class counts, bullying information, and school breakfast information. Dr. Daya Hill, Assistant Superintendent, gave a curriculum based assessment update.
Action Items Voted on:
- Reorganization of the Board Officers
- President – Charley Peck
- Vice President – Cynthia Hellen
- Secretary – Pat Noon
- Approved the Financial Audit for Fiscal Year Ended 6/30/13
- Approved Financial Report as presented:
- October disbursements
- Supplements and Deletions to the Tax Roll
- Tax Refunds over $500
- Purchase Orders over $25,000
- Approved casting Pine Tree’s 656 votes to Ron McCutcheon to serve on the Gregg Appraisal District Board of Directors
Approved Consent Action Items
- Minutes from the October 14, 2013, October 18, 2013, and November 4, 2013 Board of Trustees meetings
- District Contracts and Agreements
- GLOBE – This participation agreement is to allow the district to participate in the 2013/2014 GLOBE/Texas Scholars Program. Authorize Dr. Teresa J. Farler to execute the contract.
- PINE TREE INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT CONSULTING AGREEMENT – This agreement has been developed by the district and legal counsel. We would like authorization from the board to use this standard contract for any consulting services that are needed for the district.
- BULLY BUSTER E2 CAMPUS AGREEMENT - This agreement allows access to a web-based program to a Bully Deterrent System. This system allows students to report tips confidentially, have texting capabilities, and allows parents to submit tips on the school's website. This is under legal counsel review. Authorize Dr. Teresa J. Farler to execute the agreement after legal review.
- Donations to the district this month are $7,571.
Approved Second Reading of Local Policies DIA, FB, FFC, and FFH
Information items presented:
Complete official minutes will be posted after approval at the December 9, 2013 board meeting.